It’s the day we went out for our own day trip…only 4 of us: Shu, Xin, Hamon & I. Initially we planned to go to Mungo National Park IN NSW outback which we decided on the night before!!..it’s the World Heritage area which would add another world heritage area in my list (other than Malaysian Mulu National Park and Kinabalu National park). When we arrived at Balranald, the gateway into Mungo, it’s raining heavily and we decided to ask for further confirmation before we continued our journey north up to Mungo. Unfortunately, Mungo was closed on that day due to heavy rain. Eventually we decided to change our plan to Mildura!!! We took the longer way from Balranald via Euston- Robinvale to Mildura.
After visiting the Information Centre of Mildura, we decided to go Woodies Gem Shop before we headed 30km north to Wentworth, a small town in NSW. I got Jessica’s birth stones for Jess’s birthday present, earings for Yun Ying and another key chain for myself. Why Wentworth?!? The visit was really worth it…we had lunch overlooking the junction of Darling & Murray river, the 2 greatest river in Australia. Then we visited Old Wentworth Goal before we went to Perish Sandhill. Perish Sandhill was the highlight of that day…I was so proud of myself of discovering it via the postcard sold in Mildura!! The sandhill is like a desert in the middle of the barren land. The view was so magnificent…due to the rain, the road to sandhill was so muddy and the mini pinky Nissan Micra was sliding like drifting…luckily I managed to control the car and to stop it!! Here is a picture on the sandhill….
Then we went to Wentworth Show, which was just a rural community show event with all the competitions… we watched the equestrian and enjoyed the celebration ambience. And eventually we headed back to Mildura for the Indian dinner…( P/s: we didn’t even have Asian food so frequent back in Melbourne). When we’re back, it’s ady 12 am!!! We spend like 16 hrs out for the day trip…it’s so fruitful even though we didn’t manage to go to Mungo. It’s so exhausting on driving for the long journey luckily Hamon and I shared the load…
For more picture click the links below:
Album 1 - http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58832&l=86512&id=503833486
Album 2 - http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58833&l=31041&id=503833486
3 comments:
old wentworth goal? or gaol? =P
hey u r tagged! so answer my question ya!!!hehehe ;p
To Jess
LOL..it's gaol ....Mayb is the spelling autocorrect from Word again..LOL
To yi Chin
Tag again....I guess I'll try to do when I am free....with so much delay on my blog posts ady
Post a Comment